ProjectOne Water LA 2040 Plan - Marketing and Community Engagement, 2015 - 2018
Client: City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Sanitation
Project: One Water LA 2040 Plan – Marketing and Community Engagement, 2015 – 2018
Services: Program Management, Materials and Communications Strategy Development, Meeting Facilitation
EWC Personnel: Rebecca Drayse, Eliza Jane Whitman
EWC served as task lead for public engagement and marketing strategies campaigns designed to maximize stakeholder participation and satisfaction. The One Water LA Plan and its community engagement efforts have received national recognition from National Association of Clean Water Agencies and Association of Environmental Engineers and Scientists.
- Developed stakeholder communications including briefing documents, emails, brochures, and progress reports.
- Managed the completion of One Water Communications and Community Engagement Plans and communications style guide and graphics to communicate Plan concepts.
- Produced agency communications including memos, press releases and technical memoranda.
- Developed and implemented strategies for engaging non-profits, businesses and academia. Increased stakeholder participation from all three groups.
- Provided content for website updates and made recommendations for website improvements to enhance user experience.
- Organized youth programs, including a “Young Citizens Artist Project,” to educate and empower students to develop water conservation, water reuse, and stormwater capture strategies and employ them at their campuses and in their community.
- Facilitated stakeholder special topic group for funding and cost-benefit analysis; stormwater and urban runoff management; communication and outreach; and partnerships, collaboration and innovation.
- Achieved consensus on many proposed City policies, including top stormwater policy recommendations.
- Helped draft successful award applications resulting in national recognition for the Plan’s engagement efforts.
- Secured letters of support for the One Water LA Plan from non-profits, business leaders, agency staff and regulators.
Get in touch to let us know how we can serve you.