ProjectOne Water LA 2040 Plan - Grants and Funding Assistance, 2015 - 2017
Client: City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Sanitation
Agency: City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Sanitation
Project: One Water LA 2040 Plan – Grants and Funding Assistance, 2015 – 2017
Services: Development of Grant and Funding Technical Memoranda, Legislative Review, Grant Writing Assistance.
EWC Personnel: Eliza Jane Whitman, Rebecca Drayse
EWC served as task lead for identifying innovative funding strategies for the City of LA as a whole as well as for specific One Water LA Plan projects and programs. The effort included identification of non-traditional partnerships and cost-sharing opportunities and a tool for delineating the sharing of costs equitably based on benefits. The EWC Team also provided grant writing services, strategies, and advised on which grants to pursue.
- Served as task lead for the development of Plan’s Funding Strategies task and Technical Memoranda (TM). The document outlines funding opportunities that include existing utility rate structures, tax measures, state and federal grants and loans, public-private partnerships, JPA’s and non-traditional sources like Cap and Trade systems and incentives for conservation easements.
- Served as technical advisor for Stakeholder Funding and Cost-Benefit Analysis Special Topic Group – Worked with stakeholders to identify creative funding opportunities and non-traditional partnerships and developed a cost-sharing tool with stakeholder input.
- Authored an additional TM that included an explanation of State and Federal funding processes, tools to evaluate the costs and benefits of pursuing grant opportunities, and guidance for developing partnerships with funding entities and agency partners. Recommended an approach for funding projects in an integrated manner, including cost-sharing.
- Developed comprehensive local, state and federal grant opportunity matrix that included grant source, guideline objectives, award limits, eligibility and matching requirements, submittal deadlines and suggestions for project types likely to be most successful for grant type.
- Coordinated with jurisdictional agencies including the City of Los Angeles Departments of Planning, Recreation and Parks, LA Zoo, County of Los Angeles DPW, High-Speed Rail and Metro to identify common goals, project partnerships and potential funding or cost-sharing opportunities.
- Reviewed draft state and federal legislation to identify opportunities to provide input on implementing legislation and guidelines and make advance preparations for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Assisted with grant writing and cost estimating for installing sewers and replacing septic systems that are throughout the City.
Get in touch to let us know how we can serve you.