Publications / Speaking
Other Publications / Speaking
- Whitman, E.J., Davis, M., Antos, M., “Southern California: Innovative and Forward Thinking Approaches To Managing Water”, WEFTEC Los Angeles, CA, October, 2011
- Whitman, E.J., Tolnay, V., Sculthorpe, R., “Reaching Net Zero Energy At WWTPs Includes Construction Activities, WEFTEC Los Angeles, CA, October, 2011
- Whitman, E.J., “Implementing Emerging Technologies For The Water Sector: Case Studies”, CA Energy Commission’s Emerging Technology Summit, Nov, 2010
- Whitman, E.J. and Brick, T.; “The Sustainable Arroyo Seco”, Water Smart Conference, Las Vegas, NV, October, 2009
- Seeta,V., Jenson,B., Whitman, E.J., Thakral, S., Yankovich,D., “Challenges in Rehabilitating a 100-Year Old Non-Circular Brick Sewer for City of Los Angeles, ASCE Pipelines Specialty Conference, San Diego, CA August 15-19, 2009
- Whitman, E.J., Sanhouri, I., “Defining Sustainable Engineering in Construction And Development”, Abu Dhabi, UAE, March 16-18, 2009
- Whitman, E.J., “Defining Sustainability in Construction and Development”, APWA/ASCE Joint Conference, Lake Tahoe, CA, October 3, 2007
- Panel discussion on “Energy Alternatives, Conservation and Sustainability,” presented by the DeKalb County, Georgia, Chamber of Commerce on February 2, 2009. Panelists included: Atlanta Gas Light Resources CEO, John Somerhalder; Georgia Power President Mike Garrett; and Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority’s Gregory Mason.
- Whitman, E.J., Parks, L., Rodieck, A., California’s Local Energy Efficiency Program Identifies Unique Designs and Energy Savings at WWTPs, WEFTEC, San Diego, CA, October, 2007
- Whitman, E.J., Johnson, K., Hester, J., Zambrano, X., “How a LEED Platinum Building Is Cleaning Up Inland Empire Urban Runoff, WEFTEC Dallas, Texas, October 21-25, 2006.
- Huang, M., Wiersama, I., Johnson, K., Whitman, E.J., “Optimizing A Recycled Water Distribution System Using Sensitivity Analysis,” American Water Works Association National Conference, San Antonio, Texas, April, 2006.
- Whitman, E.J., “Wastewater Engineers Attain First and Largest LEED Platinum Public Facility” WEF-AWWA Joint Management Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, February 2006.
- Whitman, E.J., Aguilar, C., Bell, J.M., “LEED Requirements: From A Hydrology & Drainage Design Perspective” California Stormwater Quality Association Annual Conference, Ontario, CA. October 5, 2005.
- Whitman, E.J., Davis, M., Zughbi, J., “Water-Energy Nexus: Combining Energy Efficiency and Water Efficiency” ACEEE 3rd National Conference on Energy Efficiency as a Resource Berkeley, CA. September 26, 2005.
- Wallis-Lage, C., Whitman, E.J., Hemken, B., “Taking Aeration To A New OTE Level” WEFTEC Washington DC, Oct 29 – Nov 2, 2005.
- Erdal, Z., Sorousian, F., Whitman, E.J., “An Assessment of Advanced Digestion Technologies and Their Comparison in Terms of Performance and Suitability for Enhanced Biogas Generation.” WEFTEC Washington DC, Oct 29 – Nov 2, 2005.
- Erdal, U., Sorousian, F., Whitman, E.J., “Co-digestion of Food Waste with Biosolids and/or Manure: A Technology Review.” WEFTEC Washington DC, Oct 29 – Nov 2, 2005.
- Shang, Y., Sorousian, F., Whitman, E.J., “Co-digestion: potential Increase of Renewable Energy Production from Waste for California.” WEFTEC Washington DC, Oct 29 – Nov 2, 2005.
- Sorousian, F., Shang, Y., Whitman, E.J., “Digestion Optimization How to Crank-up This Old Technology.” Innovative Uses of Biosolids and Animal and Industrial Residuals Conference, WEF/EPA. Chicago, IL. June 30, 2005.
- Erdal, Z., Sorousian, F., Whitman, E.J., “Dairy Waste Management Through Centralized Anaerobic Digestion and Associated Benefits.” Innovative Uses of Biosolids and Animal and Industrial Residuals Conference, WEF/EPA. Chicago, IL. June 30, 2005.
- Erdal, U., Sorousian, F., Whitman, E.J., “A Technology Review for Co-digestion of Food Waste with Biosolids and/or Manure.” Residuals and Biosolids Management Conference. Nashville, TN. April 17-20, 2005.
Get in touch to let us know how we can serve you.